**Thursday Sculpture Makers Open Day**
**Thursday 6th September 10-12pm**
Thursday Sculpture Makers
The next sculpture course starts on Thursday 13th September 2018 for 10 weeks, 10-12pm, at Umbrella Arts, LEIGHway, 16 Gas Street Leigh WN7 4PD (Not including school holidays).
This term we’ll be working on metal, recycled wood and metal, cement sculptures. We will be then displaying them inside Lilford Park, Leigh for the public to enjoy.
This is a complete 10 week course for adults who would like to give something back to their community and make their mark, increase their overall wellbeing, meet new people, adults who have low mood, or maybe are carers or are recovering from mental ill health.
Please contact Wendy to discuss how we can support you. This course is free and is open to people of ALL artistic abilities. Full instruction will be given. After that it’s only £1 for a hot/cold drink.
What will your mark look like?
Our aim is to increase
- confidence in experimenting
- confidence communicating in a group
- knowledge of various arts, cultural and historical inspiration
- confidence in their personal creativity
- overall confidence and confidence with speaking in front of other people
- positive mental health and emotional wellbeing
Dates for this block
- Thursday 6th September 10-12pm (OPEN DAY)
- Thursday 13th September 10-12pm
- Thursday 20th September 10-12pm
- Thursday 27th September 10-12pm
- Thursday 4th October 10-12pm
- Thursday 11th October 10-12pm
- Thursday 18th October 10-12pm
- Thursday 25th October 10-12pm
- Thursday 1st November 10-12pm (NO ART GROUP THIS WEEK DUE TO SCHOOL HOLIDAYS)