The next Tuesday Makers block starts on Tuesday 11th September 2018 for 8 weeks, 1-3pm, at Sensoriel Sensory Hub, Ince, Wigan, WN2 2DX.
Why not meet us from 12.30pm in the Sensoriel Cafe for pre group drinks and lunch?
This term we’ll be working on a live community halloween project. Members will be designing and sculpting large heads for a local ’Spooky Walk’ at Jubilee Park, Ashton in Makerfield.
This weekly drop in art group is especially for adults who have a learning/physical disability and/or Autism, who would like to increase their overall wellbeing, meet new people, confidence and self esteem; primarily between the ages of 18 – 50. We recommend that you attend the whole block to gain the full learning experience but we understand this is not always possible.
Please contact Wendy to discuss how we can support you. First time is free and is open to people of all artistic abilities. After that it’s only £6 a week for 2 hours including all materials.
We are not a traditional art group! We do not teach people to ‘draw’ to a realistic style (check out our other groups for this!). During our Health & Wellbeing Groups, we let our members experiment with a variety of styles including abstract art and traditional crafts; in time our members enjoy the arts and crafts plus meeting new friends, which in turn has positive wellbeing on them.
Our aim is to increase
- confidence in experimenting with using colour
- confidence communicating in a group
- knowledge of abstract art
- confidence in their personal creativity
- overall confidence and confidence with speaking in front of other people
- in mental health and emotional wellbeing
Dates for this block
- Tuesday 4th September 1-3pm
- Tuesday 11th September 1-3pm
- Tuesday 18th September 1-3pm
- Tuesday 25th September 1-3pm
- Tuesday 2nd October 1-3pm
- Tuesday 9th October 1-3pm
- Tuesday 16th October 1-3pm
- Tuesday 23rd October 1-3pm
- Tuesday 30th October 1-3pm (NO ART GROUP THIS WEEK DUE TO SCHOOL HOLIDAYS)