The next Wednesday Makers block starts on Wednesday 12th September 2018 for 7 weeks, 10-12pm, at Umbrella Arts, LEIGHway, 16 Gas Street Leigh WN7 4PD.
This term we’ll be working on two live community projects! A Halloween Sculpture project and our local history ’Tapestry’ for Astley Green Pit. Members are free to join in with our live community projects or bring an ongoing art/craft project from home such as knitting/ crochet/ sewing/ sculptures/ painting/ mosaic/ or you can start a new project of your choice with us.
This weekly drop in art group is especially for adults who would like to increase their overall wellbeing, meet new people, confidence and self esteem, who have low mood, or maybe are carers or are recovering from mental ill health.
We recommend that you attend the whole block to gain the full learning experience but we understand this is not always possible and all sessions are suitable for people to join in.
Please contact Wendy to discuss how we can support you. First time is FREE and is open to people of ALL artistic abilities. After that it’s only £1 a week for 2 hours including all materials and a hot/cold drink.
We are not a traditional art group! We do not teach people to ‘draw’ to a realistic style (check out our other groups for this!). During our Health & Wellbeing Groups, we let our members experiment with a variety of styles including abstract art and traditional crafts; in time our members enjoy the arts and crafts plus meeting new friends, which in turn has positive wellbeing on them.
Our aim is to increase
- confidence in experimenting
- confidence communicating in a group
- knowledge of various arts, cultural and historical inspiration
- confidence in their personal creativity
- overall confidence and confidence with speaking in front of other people
- positive mental health and emotional wellbeing
Dates for this block
- Wednesday 5th September 10-12pm (OPEN DAY)
- Wednesday 13th September 10-12pm
- Wednesday 19th September 10-12pm
- Wednesday 26th September 10-12pm
- Wednesday 3rd October 10-12pm
- Wednesday 10th October 10-12pm
- Wednesday 17th October 10-12pm
- Wednesday 24th October 10-12pm
- Wednesday 31st October 10-12pm (NO ART GROUP THIS WEEK DUE TO SCHOOL HOLIDAYS)